Before you hit “share” for the world to see the latest and greatest in your business or personal life, here are a few key questions to ask yourself:
- Does it make sense to your brand? When posting, you should have a flow of what you share. When you mix up your posting too much, you’re going to confuse the audience. Yes, take risks, but don’t go from one extreme to the next.
- What story does it tell? As I’ve said before, perception is EVERYTHING!’ It’s important to present the correct story. People are following you for one reason. They want to see what you or your brand is doing, so show it in the best way possible.
- Are you being authentic? I can’t believe I still say this constantly to people. So many people put up a facade that everything is perfect 24/7. And, yes, there’s a difference between a perception and authenticity. People love to see emotion. Show the highs and lows of your life.
- Does it look clean? A sharp image is the way to go. Tons of natural lighting always helps. If you’re photographing a product, sit it by the window or take it outside and shoot away. Don’t over filter your photo. Grainy photos are so 2019.
- Have fun with it! If something isn’t absolutely perfect, there’s a delete button and other photos you can post the very next second.