Best Foot Forward free virtual bash: Invitations are out for Best Foot Forward Foundation’s free, 10th anniversary virtual bash on Saturday March 13. The pre-show starts at 6:30 p.m. with the live event 7 to 8:15 p.m.
BFF has programs to help children in foster care further their education. Event registration is required in advance at: https://bestfootforward.home.qtego.net/
The event will include live and silent auctions including items from original artwork to overnight stays. A raffle for jewelry and a call to the heart donation are planned. “A Decade of Change,” will celebrate the group’s 10th anniversary. “We will showcase what we do and the impact we’ve had on the lives of children with their testimonials and success stories,” said co-founders Debbie Ellman and Donna Biase. https://bestfoot.org/
Jewish Federation pledge telethon set: The annual Super Sunday pledge drive is set for 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. March 21. The day of giving through a telethon format will benefit the annual campaign of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County.
Volunteers and Federation staff will call residents to make their pledge. Working through partner agencies, the Federation provides safety net services, comprehensive support for those with developmental and physical disabilities, ways to maintain connection to Jewish life and assistance for Jewish communities in Israel and around the world. To donate, contact Marc Fishman at 561-852-3169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
New donation effort for children: Boca West Children’s Foundation has launched an initiative called The Partnership to grant five $50,000 donations to programs by local children’s charities.
The community can purchase “shares” in The Partnership for $500. Each “share” represents a vote to help select the grant recipients to fund these programs:
- A Place of Hope, meals for children who live on campuses for four months;
- Boca Helping Hands, six weekend meal distribution backpacks for additional 200 children weekly;
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County, send 100 underserved kids to one-week sleepaway camp;
- Center for Family Services, the S.A.F.E. Kids Program, treat 20 children for two months for abuse and/or violence;
- Education Foundation of Palm Beach County, backpacks and school supplies for 2,000 students in highest-risk schools in lowest income neighborhoods;
- Florence Fuller Child Development Centers/Caridad, yearlong course for adults on obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and nutrition for mothers;
- Junior League of Boca Raton, for 350 children in need with diapers for a year;
- Jewish Adoption & Foster Care Options, for all children living on campus with computers and enhanced network to continue with virtual school;
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, 750 therapy sessions for children with long-term, degenerative medical conditions requiring continuing physical care;
- Sweet Dream Makers, beds for 200 children who do not have them;
- YMCA of the Palm Beaches, send 50 children to summer day camp including meals, allowing parents to work. https://www.bocawestfoundation.org/the-partnership/