It’s hard to believe that we are already in the month of May. Things are buzzing around town as businesses and activities are opening fully again.
South Florida has become quite the hotspot for visitors. The real estate industry is booming as people from other states flood to Florida.
New businesses are popping up as well. One in particular is the Delray Beach Market. This 150,000-square-foot food hall with more than 25 vendors is sure to be a huge asset to our area and for foodies. This family friendly establishment offers cooking classes, and the mezzanine level can be used for private events. Definitely worth checking out this $60 million project.
It’s wonderful to see this economic growth and more employment opportunities.
Here are some events happening this month:
- May 1: Drive-through will honor the memory of founder Jay Van Vechten. Former Boating & Beach Bash for People with Disabilities renamed Boca Beep Beep Bash this year, from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday May 1; moved to Countess de Hoernle Park. https://www.facebook.com/boatingbeachbash/
- May 2: Moms & Pups Bark and Brunch at The Addison benefits benefit Tri-County Animal Rescue. https://tricountyanimalrescue.com/
- May 2: Tickets available for 5 p.m. “Let the Trumpet Sound!” The Symphonia concert in the Marriott Boca Raton. https://thesymphonia.org/attend/calendar/
- Now through May 30, “A Chorus Line,” first show back in The Wick Theatre. https://thewick.org/
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo
- May 6, 7 and 8: Women Build on construction site and virtually for Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County. https://www.habitatsouthpalmbeach.org/
- May 8 and 9, “Swan Lake,” Boca Ballet Theatre, in-person and virtual live stream, 7:30 p.m.; in-person only May 9 https://www.bocaballet.org/
- May 9: Mother’s Day
- May 12: Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA) 14th annual Heart of a Woman luncheon at Royal Palm Yacht Club or virtually. https://www.avdaonline.org/heart-woman
- May 15: Men With Caring Hearts to benefit the Fuller Center, [formerly Florence Fuller Child Development Centers] 6:30 p.m. drive-up, tailgate-style celebration at Boca West Country Club. https://www.ffcdc.org/special-events/men-with-caring-hearts/
- May 19: YMCA of South Palm Beach County Inspiration Breakfast, 7:30 a.m. outdoors at Peter Blum Family YMCA Boca Raton. https://www.ymcaspbc.org/programs/events/inspiration-breakfast
- May 19: Impact 100 grant awards announcement and celebration, 6:30 p.m. https://www.impact100pbc.org/
- May 31: Memorial Day ceremony by VFW Post 10556, 9:30 a.m. in Veterans Park. Free. Tents and chairs for attendees.
As always, we will continue to bring you all the latest updates in Boca Raton and our neighboring cities.
I love attending your events and capturing those moments to highlight and bring awareness to your businesses and causes. We have a wonderful community and I look forward to seeing you all enjoying our great city.
Wishing all moms out there a very Happy Mother’s Day. To all the graduates this month, I offer my warmest congratulations for a job well done.
Forward motion and hope for our future.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” Albert Einstein
Lori Ann LaSalle